Are you starting a business? How exciting!
Grab your business startup “to-do list” and add “appoint a registered agent” to the list. A registered agent is one of the mandatory items you will need to run a corporation or limited liability company (LLC). Every business entity is required to declare and maintain a registered agent in every state that they conduct business in.
What is a registered agent?
As required by law, a registered agent is the state’s way of communicating with a business entity. As the official point of contact for the Secretary of State, the registered agent must be present at a physical address (not a P.O. Box) to sign for and receive legal notices, state mandates, wage garnishments and tax documents during specific business hours. It is critical for registered agents to be consistently accessible. A missed delivery could jeopardize your company’s good standing with the state or enable a lawsuit to proceed against you without your knowledge.
Meet the state’s requirements and stay on track with incorporate.com Available in all 50 states, our Registered Agent Service is a lot like having a reliable employee dedicated to keeping your company compliant.
- We will notify you of critical, time sensitive deadlines. When applicable, we can complete the paperwork for you.
- We are available during all business hours, readily accessible to the state and the public for legal engagement.
- If you step out for a meeting or travel for work, an important notice will still be delivered and not be overlooked or forgotten.
- With incorporate.com as the point of contact on public records, you will never run the risk of your customers, vendors, or neighbors seeing a process server deliver legal documents to your place of business or home.
Plus – you’ll gain access to the following features:
- Compliance Watch, a convenient online tool that provides you with alerts when filings are due, secure online document storage, a comprehensive task list to help you stay on track and a business profile to keep your vital company information organized.
- incorporate.com Partner Network, which includes exclusive deals on the types of business services you need most to help kick start and grow your new business. Partners include Hiscox Insurance, Shopify, UpCounsel, 1-800-Accountants, Xero, Upwork and more!
- Education Toolkit, an online guide complete with 17 modules, webinars, and articles designed to assist you in business matters such as compliance.
- Unlimited Customer Support, our customer service team is readily available to answer your questions from 8 am to 8 pm on Monday through Friday. We can be easily reached via phone at (855) 402-1516 or live chat via incorporate.com.
Ready to start building your business? Make it happen with incorporate.com, from formations to ongoing business filings, we help you stay on track as your business grows. We specialize in a range of business services, such as:
- Registered Agent Service
- Obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Annual Reports
- Business License Research
- DBA “Doing Business As” Name
- Operating Agreements
- Certified copies of LLC or Corporation documents
Want to learn more? Get our free incorporation toolkit, complete with a step-by-step guide, business plan template, and more!