Your Future Starts Here
The Company Corporation's Quarterly Business Plan Contest!
Click here to check out our past winners.
The Company Corporation has been offering small business owners and entrepreneurs the opportunity to win money for their ideas and hard work for over two years now. What started as a friendly competition amongst college students has expanded to participants from around the country and encourages young entrepreneurs to grow their ideas into start-up and early-stage businesses.
What would you do with a thousand dollars?
Show us your stuff and you could win a $1,000 cash award.* The contestant who submits the most thought-provoking and well-reasoned business plan executive summary will take the prize. Only one prize will be awarded. Entries will be judged by a panel of The Company Corporation's Small Business Specialists.
Be sure to read the rules below completely before submitting your entry.
May the most promising entrepreneur win!
How to win:
- Send us your completed business plan executive summary. (Note: Your summary must be concise—no longer than one page.)
- Email your summary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "TCC Business Plan Submission – [Your Name]"
- To be considered, entries must include the following information: Participant's first and last name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and the source from where you learned about the contest (e.g. SCORE, university or college you attend, etc). All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2015.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2015.
- All decisions made by The Company Corporation's Judges are final and not subject to appeal.
- Before the prize is awarded, all information submitted in the application email will be verified. If ANY false or misleading information has been submitted, the participant will be disqualified without notification.
- Only one unique entry per participant. If you have previously submitted a business plan for one of our Business Plan Contests, you may not submit the same business plan idea again unless it is substantially developed. Winners of previous Contests may not submit the same or similar business plan idea again.
- Punctuation, grammar, clarity and organization will be considered during the evaluation process, as well as the quality of the ideas.
- The winner will receive a one-time check payment in the amount of $1,000 U.S. dollars. The award check will be mailed to the address supplied with the winning application.
Any entrepreneur who is at least 18 years of age as of the start date of the Business Plan Contest (the "Contest") and a United States citizen is eligible to participate. Persons who meet the eligibility requirements and have read and agreed to these Official Rules may participate in the Contest ("Participants"). To be eligible, the Participant (alternately, "you" or "your") must meet the criteria described in these Official Rules and may not submit more than one idea. By entering the Contest, You are agreeing to be bound by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Company Corporation ("TCC"), or TCC-affiliated companies, subsidiaries, suppliers, advertising agencies, and the families and persons living in the same household as such employees, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations.
Important Contest Dates
Contest Opens: July 1, 2015, at 12 a.m. ET
Deadline for Receipt of All Entries: September 30, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. ET
A judging panel of four TCC Small Business Specialists (the "Judges") will review all submissions and subjectively select one Contest winner on or about October 27, 2015. The selected Contest winner will be notified by the email address they provided. The Contest winner will be posted on incorporate.com on or about November 14, 2015.
To learn the winner's name, Contestants may also send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Company Corporation at 2711 Centerville Road, Wilmington, Delaware 19808.
Contest Closes: November 14, 2015
* The Contest winner may not assign or transfer his/her prize. Any expenses not stated herein (including, but not limited to, federal, state and local taxes or any other applicable fees or costs not expressly identified above that are related to participation in the Contest and the acceptance and/or use of the prize) are the sole responsibility of the recipient. TCC is responsible for paying all prize amounts set forth in this section.
Selection and Notification of Finalists and Winners
|30%||Originality and Creativity||Your business idea creatively demonstrates
how it will solve a problem.
|40%||Overall "Wow" Factor||You describe a unique product or service that is well thought out
and one-of-a-kind to solve the problem.
|30%||Persuasive Idea||Your business idea addresses a sustainable need
and how that need will be fulfilled.
Winners will be selected based on the subjective judgment of the Judges. All decisions of the Judges are final.
By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Contest, and you waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. TCC's determination as to whether your submission potentially violates the rights of any third party is final and binding.
By entering the Contest, You represent and warrant to TCC that:
(i) you own all right, title and interest in and to the content of your submission;
(ii) your submission does not include unsuitable or offensive content;
(iii) your submission does not include any content that is in violation of third-party intellectual property rights including, but not limited to, copyrights, including music copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy or publicity;
(iv) you have all rights necessary to submit your ideas in accordance with these Official Rules; and
(v) all federal, state and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of the Contest winner. TCC, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents and contractors shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by you for any and all damage, loss, liability or any injuries to person, business or properties, due in whole or part, directly or indirectly, by reason of your participation in this Contest, or your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize(s) awarded hereunder to you.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually in Delaware. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorney's fees.
TCC, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents, and contractors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or unintelligible entries, telephone system or computer malfunctions, lost connections or transmission errors; (ii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the acceptance, possession or usage of any prize or from participating in the Contest; or (iii) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any material associated with the Contest. TCC reserves the right to cancel, modify, suspend or adjust the dates of this Contest (with or without awarding any prizes) should a virus, bug, computer problem or other causes beyond TCC's reasonable control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. TCC may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, submitting any unauthorized content, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or TCC representatives. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a Participant, the Participant will be the registered owner of the email account from which the submission came to TCC, provided all other requirements are met. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TCC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, AND INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. By entering this Contest and if you are selected as the winner of this Contest, you expressly authorize TCC to publish your name, city and state.
(vi) REGISTERED TRADEMARKS
The Company Corporation® is a registered trademark of Corporation Service Company.