- Incorporate Now
- Business Startup Wizard
Limited Liability Company
- S Corporation
- C Corporation
- Comparison Chart
- Business Licenses
- Employer ID Number (EIN)
Update your company records the right way.
Whenever your business makes fundamental changes to its records, you must notify the Secretary of State by filing what are known as Articles of Amendment (for corporations) and Certificate of Amendment (for LLCs).State laws require businesses to file an amendment with the Secretary of State any time the specifics of their Articles of Incorporation (for corporations) or Articles of Organization or Certificate of Formation (for LLCs), or Certificate of Authority (for businesses that are 'qualified') change.
These can include changes to:
- Your business name
- Your listed directors or members
- The number of stock certificates your company issues
- The par value of your company stock
- Your business's purpose
By having your Articles of Amendment filed with the state, you're able to confirm that:
- The company's representatives, including directors, members and shareholders, have consented to the change
- The changes you've made meet the legal requirements of your state of formation
The Company Corporation can help.
The Company Corporation can file amendments to your Articles of Amendment in every state and the District of Columbia.
Simply tell us the amendment you'd like to file and we'll tell you the cost and filing procedure. We'll then provide you with the appropriate paperwork and fee breakdown. Once you've completed, signed, and returned the paperwork to us, we'll submit it to the state for approval. As soon as the state approves your application, we'll send you official evidence of the approval.
Find out more about business amendments in our Frequently Asked Questions section.
- What is an amendment?
- What are examples of documents that may be amended?
- Why would I file an amendment?
- What information can be amended?
- How can The Company Corporation help?
What is an amendment?
What are examples of documents that may be amended?
Any document that was previously filed with the Secretary of State (or equivalent office)
- The Articles of Incorporation/Organization (initial formation documents)
- Annual Reports
- Previously filed amendments
Why would I file an amendment?
State laws require businesses to notify the Secretary of State when their Articles of Incorporation/Organization change.Back to Top
What information can be amended?
The most popular amendment is to change the name of a company. In addition to this, the filing of Articles of Amendment can change the following information, if it is listed on the original formation document:
- Business address
- Names and/or addresses of directors and members
- Business purpose
- Number of authorized shares
- Registered Agent name and address
- Other information included in the Articles of Incorporation
How can The Company Corporation help?
We will deal with the Secretary of State so you don't need to. We have been in business since 1899 and our team has experience filing amendments for companies of all shapes and sizes. We will research your filing and identify what it will cost. In addition, we will prepare the documents and get them to you for signature (if necessary). Once you return them to us, we will file the amendment with the Secretary of State.Back to Top
After you place an order for this service:
- Add an amendment to your shopping cart by filling out the form.
- Submit payment and information about you and your company.
- If additional fees are required, based on your filing, a representative will contact you for this payment.
- We will send you the application materials for your signature.
- Sign and return the form to us for filing with the appropriate government office.
- We will send you the approval notice when the state or local government has accepted your request.
File an Amendment
*Service fee. State fees will also apply.
Would you rather place your order by phone? Call us at 800.818.6082
Customer ServiceCall Us Today: 800.818.6082
Meet Our Team
Tracy H. –