Protecting Your Investment
Protect your most important assets
Don't leave your creative, intellectual, and personal property to chance. Ensure the foundation of your business is secure by following these steps:
- Establish employment agreements. Ensure that your employees are forbidden from revealing any restricted records, formulas, or intellectual property.
- Apply for trademarks, patents & copyrights. Document your ownership and obtain legal protection to safeguard your ideas and your brand.
- Secure your information. Restrict access to paper files and apply password protection and back up methods to protect important electronic records.
- Sign confidentiality agreements. Keep company information from becoming public knowledge by establishing nondisclosure agreements.
- Incorporate your business. Don't put your house, car, savings, and other personal possessions at risk. Limit your personal liability by incorporating or forming an LLC.
Regardless of the size of their company, responsible business owners protect their most valuable assets. The Company Corporation can help you incorporate or form an LLC online, or by phone, in minutes.
Not sure if incorporating is right for you?
Try our Business Start-up Wizard to see what other business owners in your industry and state have done, and download our Free 10-Step Business Formation Guide by filling out the form to the right.